Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Abby - inside

Here are some inside pictures.


This is looking down the hall on the lower level. The doorway on the left leads into the kitchen




I have no idea what the inscription means.

 This is the door to what once was the wine cellar, but is now used as a chapel 




There were these little piles of rocks (maybe "cairns") here and other places and also bigger piles outside along some of the trails. I have no idea what they're for, but they do add to the mystery of this place.



Nice solid doors and substantial looking locks (but they never gave us a key to our room and we never locked our door); a lot different from the other hotels, which all had high tech electronic locks (you opened doors by just waving your chip embedded card at then)


I snooped around and found this sign on two of the doors of rooms in the upper level (essentially the attic). I think it means something about only wearing slippers (strange)

No comments:

Post a Comment